Have you ever tried making cookies with a cake mix? They are so yummy and require only a few ingredients, so obviously I’m a fan. In my opinion less ingredients usually means less hassle and usually less money spent. Plus, I’m always trying to simplify things in the kitchen because I feel like I already spend too much time in there, and I know it’s going to get even more intense as my children get older. So, Simple recipes are my favorite.
These Cake Batter Peppermint Marshmallow cookies are one of those easy recipes to make and they taste delicious. I know that as a kid I loved being the one that got to make the cookies for Santa, and since these cookies are so easy to make, it would be the perfect recipe to let your kids get involved with the cookie making process for Santa. Plus I’m pretty sure he likes having a variety of cookies to eat on Christmas eve and wouldn’t be disappointed by this cookie recipe. 🙂
If you haven’t decided what to bake up Christmas Eve for Santa, then you’ve come to the right place. You’ll have plenty of cookies from this recipe that you’ll be able to share with your family, friends and all of Santa’s Reindeer. (Unless he’s a stickler and only lets them eat carrots and lettuce). 😉
- 1 box chocolate cake mix. (I used Devil's Food)
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10.5 oz Jet-Puffed Peppermint Marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cake mix, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll your cookies into 1 inch balls and line them on the cookie sheet.
- Press down the center of the cookie with your thumb, creating a space to place the marshmallows.
- Place the cookies in the oven for 4 mins.
- Remove the pan and place 4-5 marshmallows on top of each cookie.
- Place the cookies back in the oven and continue to bake for another 4-5 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.