Thisis the perfect cookie for all of you Butterfinger lovers out there. I found this one in an old ward cookbook my mom had. I honestly don’t even know where the book came from, but I’m glad I found it because these cookies were delicious. A shout out goes to Julie Parry who contributed this recipe to the ward cook book I found this in, I do not know who you are, but your cookie recipe is amazing! Thanks!
Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies
Author: Sugar n' Spice Gals
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ c. softened butter
- ⅔ c. sugar
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¼ c. peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5-2.1 oz Butterfinger candy bars, chopped (about 2 c.)
- ( you can chop the Butterfingers with a chefs knife, or place them in a plastic ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. Don't use a food processor because it makes the pieces too fine and you lose the crunch)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and mix.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Then add Butterfingers and mix.
- Roll into 1" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and Bake for 10-12 minutes, til lightly browned on top.
- Allow cookies to cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before moving to cooling rack. Makes 4 dozen cookies